With this All Purpose Spicy House Cleaner Recipe, get into green cleaning! Natural cleaning ingredients are better for your health, reducing the toxins in your house. This natural all purpose cleaner will leave your house smelling herbal fresh! Clean the bathroom, kitchen, floors, and toss a 1/4 cup in the laundry with detergent. Mix and match essential oils, using up old oils approaching their expiration date.
Green cleaning with less toxic household ingredients and essential oils can be as effective, but much less harmful than using synthetic cleaners. Essential oils have demonstrated antimicrobial, dirt busting, pesticidal, and mood enhancing capabilities. In combination with natural ingredients like vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and witch hazel, simple household cleaning recipes can be made that are low cost and capable of cleaning without the health hazards of chemical cleaners. The harsh ingredients in some store bought cleaners have been shown to cause asthma, skin irritation, hormone disruption, and cancer. Organizations have formed to promote environmentally friendly and less toxic cleaning practices. Hospitals, hotels, schools, and other government buildings are seeing the benefits of improved health in using greener cleaning choices. An increase in the use of natural products to clean will likely happen as people become more aware that they are as effective, less dangerous to our health and the environment, and cost effective.
All Purpose Spicy House Cleaner Recipe Ingredients
- 4 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drop of clove essential oil
- 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dish detergent or liquid castile soap
- 1 Tsp baking soda (optional)
- 3 cups of water
- In a large container with a sealing lid, such as a large mason jar, mix together every ingredient except the water and optional baking soda. Shake well.
- Then, add the water and optional baking soda.
- When adding baking soda, mix in the sink because of a volcano like fizz that happens when baking soda combines with vinegar.
- Use in a spray bottle as a general house cleaner. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs.
Alternative Essential oils to try: pine, fir, orange, grapefruit, eucalyptus, and lavender.
What is green cleaning? How can synthetic household cleaners be toxic? Want more green cleaning recipes?
Try this Citrus and Spice Household Cleaner Recipe:
Link to Green Cleaning Blog Article to learn more.
Posted by: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA (ARC), Professional NAHA and AIA Member, LMT