Avocado Banana Ice Cream is easy to make at home, uses healthy ingredients, and is dairy free! Plus it has no added sugar, just the sugar from the bananas offer plenty of sweetness. Here is how to make this delicious Summer treat.
Avocado Banana Ice Cream Ingredients
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (15 ounces)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- juice of two limes
- silicone ice cube or muffin trays
- hot water
- shaved chocolate garnish
Avocado Banana Ice Cream Instructions
- Mix all the ingredients except the water and chocolate into a high powered blender until smooth.
- Scoop into silicone ice cube or muffin trays.
- Freeze at least 4 hours.
- Remove frozen recipe from silicone trays and cut into 1 ounce cubes. For four ounces of recipe, add two ounces of hot water and mix the two in a high powered blender for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Make strawberry ice cream by adding frozen strawberries instead of avocado
- Make mint flavored ice cream by adding mint leaves instead of lime
Some Health Benefits of Avocado Banana Ice Cream
- Avocado is very nutritious: high in monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B5 & 6, and vitamin E.
- Bananas are high in fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, magnesium, and manganese.
- Coconut milk is high in healthy fats, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, and protein. Read about some more health benefits of coconut milk.
- Matcha green powder is a powerful antioxidant studied for cancer prevention. It is high in multiple vitamins and minerals and boosts energy! Read more about matcha green tea.
- Limes are high in vitamin C and multiple other vitamins and minerals. Read more about the benefits of lime.
- Dark chocolate is high in magnesium, manganese, iron, and multiple other minerals. It is a potent antioxidant and helps improve energy. Read more about dark chocolate.
By the way…One of my favorite desserts is chocolate babka. Here is a recipe on my Fall to do list: Chocolate Babka with Mixed Nuts
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”