This Avocado Chocolate Mousse Recipe is a creamy dreamy chocolate delight, plus it is dairy free! This dessert is so decadent and delightful, you will be wanting to make this recipe again and again!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 4 large ripe avocados, flesh only
- 2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup of honey
- 1 can (16 ounces) of canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla extract
Avocado Chocolate Mousse Instructions
- First, melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave. For a double boiler, do not let water get in the chocolate, and stir constantly until just melted. If using a microwave, heat the chocolate in a glass bowl on medium for one minute. Take out and stir. Heat for additional 20 intervals, taking it the bowl out to stir, until just melted.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the melted chocolate in a mixer until well blended.
- Scoop the mousse into 4-6 serving bowls and allow to thicken in the refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- For fun, garnish with mint leaves, raspberries, dark chocolate chips, a dusting of cacao powder, or a sprinkle of coconut shreds.
Some Health Benefits of Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- Avocado is very nutritious; it is high in monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamin K, folate, vitamin C, potassium, vitamin B5 & 6, and vitamin E.
- Coconut milk is high in healthy fats, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, and protein. Read about some more health benefits of coconut milk.
- Dark chocolate is high in magnesium, manganese, iron, and multiple other minerals. It is a potent antioxidant and helps improve energy. Read more about dark chocolate.
- Honey helps with respiratory afflictions. Read more about honey!
PS – you can’t even taste the avocado in this recipe. If you loved the Avocado Chocolate Mousse, also, try this easy Avocado Banana Ice Cream Recipe!
By: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA (ARC), NAHA and AIA Professional Member, LMT