This Dong Quai Soup Recipe is soothing, nourishing, an delicious.
Dong Quai Soup Recipe Ingredients
- 3 slices of dong quai root, about 3 ounces
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 whole eggs, hard boiled and de-shelled, do not cut
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 dried clove buds and 1 dried star anise – crushed in a pestle
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp of wolf berries (kei chi) or goji berries
- 3 Tbsp of sliced green onion as garnish
Dong Quai Soup Recipe Instructions
Add all ingredients except the berries and green onion and bring to a boil, then turn down to low and cook for one hour. Add the berries and cook for an additional hour on low. Add green onion as a garnish and serve.
By: Kathy Sadowski