This Healthful Miso Soup Recipe is great on a cold day, when the sniffles are coming on, or when the body just needs something light and nourishing. It is light soup, but packed with herbs for improved immunity, reduced inflammation, and nourishment.
Healthful Miso Soup Ingredients
- 4 ounces of miso
- 12 ounces of vegetable broth
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp of grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp of grated turmeric
- 1 Tbsp of chili paste or sauce
- 1 cup of dried seaweed – optional
- Thinly sliced chives and mushrooms to garnish
Healthful Miso Soup Instructions
Instructions: Combine all ingredients except the garnish in a pan on low heat for about 20 minutes. Serve in bowls with chive and/or mushroom garnish.
Healthful Miso Soup Research
- Miso is packed with probiotics, protein, minerals, and antioxidants. Click here to learn about the health benefits of miso.
- Garlic is flavorful and great for boosting immunity. Click here to learn more about garlic.
- Spinach is rich in iron and many other nutrients. Click here for the healthful reasons for eating spinach.
- Ginger is anti-inflammatory and good for your digestive tract. Read about some ginger research.
- Turmeric is an amazing anti-inflammatory root. Read more about turmeric.
By: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA, LMT, RYT
This categorized compilation of research articles does not necessarily imply that there are adequate results to demonstrate safe and/or effective human use. These statements are not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any diseases. The information at this page has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Consult a Doctor before using herbs and essential oils if you have medical conditions, are taking medications, or have questions.