Why buy carpet freshener, when you can easily make a product that does not have harsh chemicals, works and smells great, and costs less! Try this lemon lavender carpet freshener recipe for a fresh clean carpet smell.
Lemon Lavender Carpet Freshener Ingredients
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of lemon or orange essential oil
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using a spoon, sprinkle onto carpet, let set for 15 minutes, then vacuum. Keep pets and small children away from the cleaner.
- Variation: Try other essential oil blends, such as eucalyptus and lime, clove and orange, or cinnamon and grapefruit.
- Pets and small children may be sensitive to the aroma. Keep them out of the carpeted area for a few hours, or until the scent lessons.
Please share this Carpet Freshener Flyer. It provides all you need to know to make this recipe on one easy page!
Click here for more green cleaning recipes: Green Cleaning
By Kathy Sadowski
Last Updated: 10/18/18