This homemade laundry detergent works well and smells great! It’s easy to make, low cost, and less toxic than many commercial brand laundry detergents.
Laundry Detergent Ingredients
- 1/8 cup of grated soap bar flakes (simply chop or grate a bar of soap)
- 1/8 cup of baking soda
- 6 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of witch hazel
- 50 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 50 drops of lavender essential oil
- 50 drops of lemon essential oil
Laundry Detergent Instructions
- Add half of the water and the soap flakes into a crock pot on high. Simmer and frequently stir until the soap flakes completely dissolve, maybe 20 minutes. Watch the crock pot because the soap could boil over if unattended.
- Once the bar soap has been dissolved, immediately turn off the crockpot.
- Add in the baking soda.
- Let cool.
- Pour this mixture into a large pourable container with a lid.
- In a separate container, mix the essential oils with the witch hazel. Then add in the remaining water, and pour into the container with the soap flakes and baking soda.
- Put on the lid and shake all the ingredients together.
- For doing laundry, add about 1/2 cup to a load of wash.
By: Kathy Sadowski