I read online about mixing just baking soda and borax together in equal parts to make a dishwasher powder. Could this simple recipe actually work? Notes online gave mixed reviews, but one person said they added white vinegar to the rinse agent compartment. I think that is what’s needed to make the glasses shine! I added clove and orange essential oil for antimicrobial action and aromatic pleasure.
Orange and Clove Dishwasher Powder Ingredients
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of borax
- 10 drops of clove essential oil
- 10 drops of orange essential oil
- white vinegar
Orange and Clove Dishwasher Instructions
- Blend all of the ingredients except the vinegar together in a sealable container.
- Use 2 Tablespoons for a load of dishes.
- For added benefit – use 2 Tbsp of white vinegar in the rinse agent compartment.