What is something useful you could be doing with all that mint growing crazy in your back yard? Try this Ready Made Mojito Infusion Recipe! You can make your mojito mix ahead of time with fresh lime and mint soaked in rum; it will take about a week to infuse. Then, it will last 3 months in the refrigerator. Here is how to make your infusion:
Ready Made Mojito Ingredients
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves, gently rinsed and patted dry
- 4 limes and 1 lemon
- 2 cups of rum
- 1 cup of sugar
- Mason jar or glass sealing container, cheese cloth and a strainer or coffee filter
- Ginger ale or club soda
Ready Made Mojito Instructions
- Scrub clean 4 limes and a lemon. Slice into rings. Add the mint along with the citrus slices into a sealing glass container. Pour in the rum, sprinkle on the sugar, and seal with a lid. Leave out on a window sill for a week, shaking well about once a day.
- After a week of soaking, strain out the mint, lemon and limes using either a cheese cloth lined strainer or an above the cup coffee filter. Another option for getting out the mint and citrus is to use a French press. The remaining liquid is your mojito infusion.
- To make a mojito, mix your infusion with ginger ale or club soda on ice. Also makes a great slushy!
Please share this Ready Made Mojito Flyer. It provides all you need to know on one easy page!
Making alcohol infusions with fruit and herbs is fun and easy. Plus it reaps great rewards! Here are a few additional liqueur infusion recipes to try.
Shake it up baby now, Twist and Shout!
By: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA (ARC), NAHA and AIA Professional Member, LMT