This Tomato Basil Soup Recipe is packed with nourishing vegetables and herbs. Plus, it’s delicious; so enjoy a bowl full for good health!
Preparation time is about 30 minutes, but then it is slow cooked in a crockpot for about 4 hours. Makes 12 large servings.
Tomato Basil Soup Ingredients
- 4 carrots – chopped
- 4 celery stocks – chopped
- 1 Tbsp of fresh oregano
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 onion – minced
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1/8 cup of butter
- 28 ounces of diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of half and half OR 1 more can of coconut milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
Tomato Basil Soup Instructions
- Boil the carrots, celery and oregano for half an hour in 2 cups of water. Remove from heat. Add these cooked veggies and their water along with 1 can of coconut milk into a blender. Puree until smooth, then add to crock pot.
- Sautee onions and garlic in butter. Add to crock pot.
- Also add canned tomatoes, fresh basil, veggie broth, and a dash of salt and pepper to the crock.
- Cook 4 hours on low.
- Add grated parmesan and half and half to the crock and cook an additional 30 minutes until the soup is hot.
By: Kathy Sadowski