This Warm Spice Essential Oil Room Spray Recipe aromatically brings on the holiday cheer!
The season is upon us when friends and family will be visiting. Spruce up the smell of your house with a few spritzes of this warm spice essential oil room spray! The aroma has an uplifting citrus welcome, with a lingering spicy and woodsy warmth. Vary the essential oils used based on your preferences.
Warm Spice Essential Oil Room Spray Ingredients
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1/4 tsp of dish detergent
- 15 drops of orange or lemon essential oil
- 10 drops of black pepper or patchouli essential oil
- 20 drops of pine or fir essential oil
- 14 drops of cinnamon, or 15 drops of half cinnamon / half clove essential oil
- 4 ounces of distilled water
- 1 eight ounce spray bottle
Warm Spice Essential Oil Room Spray Instructions
In the spray bottle, combine the vodka, dish detergent, and essential oils. Then shake well. Next, add the water. Then shake well again. To use, shake and spray out towards the open air of the room.
Avoid close contact with pets, small children, pregnant ladies, and those with other medical conditions. Discontinue use if any irritation occurs.
Essential Oil Recipe Variations
- Orange offers a more sweet note and lemon is more uplifting.
- Black pepper creates a spicy warm effect in the blend, and patchouli offers a mellow, earthy note.
- Pine has a lighter spirit, and fir is a more heavy, woody aroma. Cedarwood could also be used. It has a woody aroma like fir.
- Instead of 15 drops of cinnamon, you could try 8 drops of cinnamon and 7 drops of clove. This will tone down the dominating cinnamon aroma.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
-George Bernard Shaw
By: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA (ARC), Professional NAHA and AIA Member, LMT