This Yogi Tea Recipe will make your whole house smell great while it is brewing. Plus, it creates enough tea to enjoy a few cups a day for a week! It is a blend of spices slow cooked. Then, you can make chai by adding milk and honey for a spicy delicious drink that can be served hot or cold.
Yogi Tea Ingredients
- 2 quarts of water
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 cardamom seeds, crushed
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 black peppercorns
- 8 thin slices of fresh ginger root
- 8 pieces of star anise
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 2 black tea bags
- milk (dairy, almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
Yogi Tea Instructions
- Boil all of the ingredients except for the tea bags for 30 minutes, then simmer for 2 hours. In the last 5-10 minutes of simmering, add the tea bags.
- Strain and cool. Then, keep the liquid tea in the refrigerator.
- Reheat smaller quantities as needed along with milk and honey to taste. When I make this tea, I like to do 50% liquid tea, 50% non-dairy milk, and 1 Tbsp of honey per 8 ounces of liquid – delicious!
- Or, to serve it cold, just add milk and ice and sweeten with sugar. To sweeten with honey, mix in the blender really quick.
Yogi Tea Recipe Flyer
To learn more about the spices in this recipe, click on these links:
If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; If you are depressed, it will cheer you; If you are excited, it will calm you.
-William E. Gladstone
By: Kathy Sadowski, MS in Aromatherapy, RA (ARC), NAHA and AIA Professional Member, LMT